- The class will choose one of the people on the coloring book list.
- Your teacher will print out and copy the picture of that person.
(Note: the name of the person sometimes prints out on a separate
sheet of paper from the picture.)
- You may color the picture if you wish.
- Click on:http://library.advanced.org/10320/Curtitle.htm
- Click on the name of the person the class decided to learn about.
- Together, with your class, read about the one person. Maybe you
will take turns reading aloud with your class. Maybe the teacher
will read the selection aloud to you.
- On the picture or on a separate piece of paper or on the computer,
in word processing, write a sentence telling what you admire about
this person in Black history.
Aren't these people are amazing!
This activity gives you the opportunity to know one person in
Black history pretty well. You have a picture and you have the
story of what they did. These people rose above the hard times
and did something big, something great. All are to be admired.
You are able to choose one you admire and learn more about him/her
and tell this in your own words.
- Click on the above link.
- Scroll down to: COLORING BOOK
- Choose the American on the list you most admire. When that picture
comes on screen, print the picture by CLICKING on the PRINT button
near the top of the screen and to the right of center. You may
color this picture if you like. (Note: the name of the person
sometimes prints out on a separate sheet of paper from the picture.)
- Click on this link in order to look this person up and read about
what this person did to become important in American history.
- Scroll down the page until you see the name of the person you
Click on that name. Read about the person.
- With the picture, write WHAT the person did to become famous AND
then write a paragraph explaining WHY you admire this person.
You do good work! Aren't these people fascinating?