Here is help beginning stories! Nobody has to pull ideas out of
thin air. The ideas here are just the beginnings of sentences
for Adventure, Drama, Mystery, Romance, or Science Fiction which
you can use to start a really great story of your own. This activity
will work for ABE and GED students.
|Ask permission to print out directions.
To use Story Starters:
- Click on the link at the top of the page.
- Select one of the following categories: Adventure, Drama, Mystery,
Romance, and Science Fiction.
- Click on the category you want.
- Read the story starters in that category.
- Select one of the sentence fragments. [As of this date, there
is no option to submit your story. If you want to try to submit:
Scroll down to an empty box.If you have an e-mail address, type in every question box, type a title for the story and type in your story. Then click on SUBMIT. The problem with submitting may be corrected at any
- You will want pen and paper at the computer to copy the story
starter - sentence fragment. Then continue writing your own story
either on paper or in a word processing program on the computer.
When you are finished writing,
- Scroll to the end of the page.
- Click on the words, your story, in the sentence - To view your story go to Read Previously Submitted Stories. You will read stories
written by other students.
- Scroll down and select any title.
- Click on the title.
- Click on the BACK button.
- Select another story to read.
Let the imaginations soar!