Title: Enhancing Positive Feelings
- 5 x 7 photo or picture of individual
- Pencil or marker
We find strength to build on our failures and appreciate even small successes when we feel good about ourselves. One way to encourage these good feelings in each other is to practice naming positive characteristics of individual family members.
- Find a photograph of each child. If a photo is not available, draw and color a picture.
- Turn the picture over. Draw lines to divide into sections (at least 4 sections).
- On each section write a positive description about the individual, i.e., good helper, nice giggles, good listener, etc.
- Cut into puzzle shapes.
- Talk about the good parts that make up the individuals as you put the picture back together.