Title: Frozen Yogurt Grahamwiches
- 18 graham crackers squares
- 3 cups softened frozen yogurt, any flavor
- 1 cup granola or chopped peanuts
Since snacks are an important part of a child's diet, it is good to plan ahead so that something is always available for munching. This snack is easy to make, fun, and delicious. It provides yogurt from the milk-yogurt-cheese group and graham crackers from the bread-cereal-rice-pasta group.
1. Line an 8" x 8" x 2" baking pan with plastic wrap. Place nine grahams in a single layer on the bottom of the lined pan. Spread frozen yogurt evenly over grahams. Top with a single layer of remaining grahams. Cover and freeze until firm- about four hours.
2. Remove frozen grahams from pan, cut into nine squares. Coat sides of each sandwich with granola or chopped peanuts. Individually wrap and store in freezer for up to two weeks.
3. Nutrition information per serving (using granola): 255 calories, 5 grams of fat, I gram saturated fat, 3 milligrams cholesterol