Basics of Motivation
BASICS OF MOTIVATION
- If you are not motivated, no one else can do it.
- If your goals align with those of the organization or school, you will probably feel more motivated to work toward those goals.
- Results of work should contribute to the goals of the organization or school.
- Aligning the organization or work goals with your own helps you feel good about what you are doing.
- Aligning goals helps you see your value to the organization or school.
- It is helpful to understand what motivates others.
- Ask them what motivates them.
- Listen to them as they talk about what they do in their roles as worker, community member, and family member.
- Observe their behaviors.
- Support others and the motivation that supports their efforts.
- Do not count on cultivating strong interpersonal relationships.
- Use reliable, comprehensive systems to help motivation.
- Compensation systems
- Performance systems
- Organizational policies and procedures.
- Write down motivational factors that sustain you and what you can do to sustain them.