Setting Your Goals
SETTING YOUR GOALS
The way you set your goals affects their effectiveness.
Plan the Plan. Not the results
- Be Positive: have a good attitude
- Be Realistic: know yourself and your comfort level
- Set Deadlines: be realistic so you don't become frustrated
- Prioritize: make lists, break things into smaller pieces
- Write down your goals & keep them visible: this will help you stay on task
- Make your goals small and achievable: for better success
- List your values: what's important to you?
- Plan for the future and place yourself there: visualize, fantasize
- Write down 7 things you want this year (career/personal)
- Prioritize them by listing the 3 most important
- Focus/relax and let your mind roam/meditate/reflect on one project at a time