Information on the Books
Each individual Trade Book contains the following information:
An ongoing Reading Group project involves locating additional related information for the books from the WWW. We will add web addresses to individual pages as we locate material that may work well with individual titles.
- bibliographic information;
- a general description of the type of book (e.g., short stories, nonfiction, picture book, young adult book);
- GED connections;
- recommendations for use in specific programs (ABLE, ESL, family literacy);
- notations about setting and characters;
- a brief summary of the book;
- several teaching suggestions, including text sets and related titles;
- broad themes and key words related to the book are listed.
The Recommended Trade Books project also forms the nucleus of our new project EUREKA, a database that contains searchable lesson plans, WWW sites, and software. We are always adding to this so be sure to check back occasionally to see what's new.
Understanding the Symbols
This page http://literacy.kent.edu/Oasis/Resc/Trade/book_info.html
and is maintained by the OLRC .
Follow us on