About Electronic Lists
What is An electronic list?
What is the advantage of electronic lists versus email?
- An electronic list is essentially an Internet mailing list; they can help simplify and expand email capabilities.
- Individual Electronic Lists are generally designed for people interested or involved in a specific topic or area.
How do I subscribe to an electronic list?
- Once subscribed, any message, question, comment, or reply sent to the list is automatically forwarded to every subscriber.
- Therefore, with a single email message, a subscriber is able to contact all of the other members of that specific electronic list who share the same interests and goals.
How will I know that my subscription worked?
- Most electronic list subscriptions are automated and must therefore contain specific instructions particular to the individual list.
- Users subscribe to electronic lists by sending an email message to the list's owner requesting to be added the electronic list mailing list.
- The first step is to find out the name of a particular electronic list and where it is mailed from.
- The OLRC's two electronic lists are Ohiolit and Technet
- The OLRC's electronic list address is: firstname.lastname@example.org
- An email is usually sent to the electronic list location with a SUBSCRIBE command.
- To subscribe to Ohiolit, sent an email message to email@example.com
- The body of the message would be
How do I unsubscribe or change my information?
- A welcome letter with instructions is automatically returned and will verify your inclusion.
- Information about unsubscribing or changing your email address is available in the initial message sent from the list - be sure to keep this information where it can easily be located later.