- Click on the link at the top of the page.
- Click on the small yellow word, ENTER, at the bottom of the screen.
- Click on Virus Profiles.
- Look in the Table of Contents box to the right.
- Click on Marburg/Ebola.
- Read about the two viruses.
- When done, click on the small yellow letters, "next page".
- Read Causes/Source.
- Read Effect/Symptoms.
- Read Possible Solutions/Treatments/Prevention.
- Answer the following questions for each virus. Make a list of
answers for each virus. These lists will help you write a comparison/contrast
- What is the fatality rate of each virus?
- In what country did each virus originally appear?
- After what was each virus named?
- To what kind of exposure was each virus linked?
- How many people were infected with each virus?
- How many died?
- What is the shape of each virus?
- How are these viruses transmitted?
- What are the symptoms for each virus?
- What is the cure for each virus?
- What is the treatment for each virus?
- Write a short essay comparing and contrasting the Marburg virus
and the Ebola virus.
- Introduce both viruses. Use the lists you made from the questions.
The reader needs to know which virus is which. Label them, by
name, most of the time to be clear. Do not be concerned with the
number of words this time. Just write how the Marburg and Ebola
viruses are the same and how they are different. The information
is already in the lists. Just write the information in sentences
and paragraphs. You will do a great job!
Now everyone is prepared for pulling all this virus stuff together.