Basics of Motivation
BASICS OF MOTIVATION
- Different things motivate different people.
- Recognition of a job well done
- Increased job satisfaction
- (Job satisfaction does not necessarily mean increase.)
- What is your view of Success?
- Motivation begins with yourself!
- How well do you know yourself?
- What is the best time for you to work?
- Check your energy cycle.
- Take a self-assessment.
- You are the only one who can motivate you.
- No one or thing can motivate you if your particular internal motivator is not involved.
- You must believe in yourself and your capabiliites.
- Positive self-talk is important in developing your belief in yourself.
Continuation on the Basic of Motivation
- Outside motivators only work if they are what is important to you.
- Recognition only works if that is what is important.
- Job Satisfacton works if that is a value to the person.
- If you hate your job, it affects everyone around you.
- Money only works if that is most important to the person.
- Status works if the person is most interested in the title or authority involved.
- Fear only works if the fear is worse than not doing what is expected or wanted.